incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.6.1-incubating
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 18:23:18 GMT
Hi,

-1 (binding) due the LICENSE/NOTICE possible issues

Signatures and hashes all good

DISCLAIMER correct
Filename contains "incubating"
NOTICE and LICENCE may need checking see below
A few files are missing correct headers (but minor)
There's no binaries in the release (other than open office test files)
Can compile from source
Was unable to get all test to pass ("AWT-Shutdown" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError) but assume
that's an issue at my end

The  MathML XML Schema, Oracle Multi-Schema XML Validator and  ISO RELAX JARV API are in both
LICENSE and NOTICE, as they are permissive licences I believe they should only be in the LICENSE
file. [1][2] Can anyone confirm?

Noticed a couple of very minor issues which can be fixed in a later release.
- release file name missing the word "apache"
- KEYS not usually placed inside zip  (as you need the KEYS to verify the release before you
unzip it)
- not sure that HEADER.txt is needed
- May want to reword LICENSE "The Apache ODF Toolkit ODF Validator component includes several
third party jars" as I assume it's the source you are licensing not the jars?
- xslt-runner and xslt-runner-test have xml and property files missing ALv2 header

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
2. http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a