incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Falcon version 0.5-incubating
Date Sun, 25 May 2014 20:36:09 GMT
On 19 May 2014 22:09, Seetharam Venkatesh <venkatesh@innerzeal.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> This is a call for a vote on Apache Falcon 0.5 incubating release.
>
> A vote was held on developer mailing list and it passed with 8 +1's.
>
> Vote thread: http://s.apache.org/xtf
> Results thread: Apache mail is slow and do not see it in archives after 2
> days.
>
> The source tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5, *.sha):
> http://people.apache.org/~venkatesh/falcon-0.5-incubating-rc2/source/
>
> The SHA1 checksum of the archive is cf076dba0c3eea436916dbe10846dfeac471c183
>
> The release has been signed through key(42C7A5EA):
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x1B16738C42C7A5EA
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon
> .git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-0.5-rc2

NOTICE file is incorrect; it must not have the following header:

==  NOTICE file corresponding to the section 4 d of                    ==
==  the Apache License, Version 2.0,                                   ==
==  in this case for the Apache Falcon distribution.                   ==

Also the NOTICE file must ONLY contain required notices for files that
are actually in the enclosing distribution.
As such, the entries headed "This product includes/uses" are wrong;
only *included* bits are relevant when determining what must go in the
NOTICE file.

The LICENSE file should specify the versions of the included software,
because licenses may change between versions.
Again, only included code should be referenced.

> The list of fixed issues:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon
> .git;a=blob;f=CHANGES.txt;h=34ec2893b666c22f2a5977ca08b966b751e37e21;hb=refs/tags/release-0.5-rc2
>
> Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/falcon/KEYS

It would be helpful to include a header for each key entry, as per

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/amber/KEYS