incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Question on Stratosphere infrastructure
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 19:25:18 GMT
When the Stratosphere project was accepted into the incubator they said they intended to change
their name quickly.  To avoid extra work for the infra team we set up only the dev and private
list for the project.  The project has now voted to change it’s name to Flink (German for
quick).  I have filed a podling name search, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-49

Should I now set up the rest of the infrastructure (commits list, JIRA, website) so that the
podling can get going in earnest?  It seems to me that I should since the podling is now in
the same place as any new podling.  It has a name it thinks is ok but needs to go through
trademark clearance.  I wanted to see if others agreed before I proceed.

Alan.
--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE