incubator-general mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When to sign-off on Incubator reports?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 11:17:02 GMT
The podling in question is Stratos.

There was a lengthy discussion on a thread about graduation about
diversity. I raised it as an issue, as while the podling has clearly
shown activity around trying to diversify, the actual non-WSO2 to WSO2
spread had not changed much since I last flagged it as an issue in
November.

Based on feedback from other mentors, it seems I am the only feeling
overly concerned about this. Which is fine. But I was hoping to see
more info about the discussion and our efforts in the report.

Oh, and there was a mention of a charter, which I've not seen. Which
is odd. Though certainly possible I accidentally deleted a thread
about it.

On 8 April 2014 13:11, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>> If a podling you are mentoring completes its report late, and there
>> are sections of it you are concerned with, should you sign off on it?
>>
>> I've pinged the community about my concern, but I'm worried it won't
>> be addressed in time for submission tomorrow.
>>
>> If I sign off on the report, it looks like I endorse it. If I don't,
>> it looks like I am inattentive.
>>
>> I pinged about getting the report done last week, and only just
>> noticed it was added to the wiki without an announcement.
>
> In my opinion, we should remove that podling's report and submit next
> month.  There is little harm in delaying, and reports submitted late
> do not leave us time for proper review.
>
> Marvin Humphrey

Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater