incubator-general mailing list archives

From Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.0-incubating RC0
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 17:24:59 GMT
Rohini, is it OK if this goes into the next release. It doesn't look like
TEZ-1003 is going to get fixed in a hurry. For a similar use case, Hive has
it's own Input which takes care of this. Pig could do the same temporarily.
Fixing this properly in Tez requires more effort - since it can take
advantage of the underlying structures instead of just merging already
merged Inputs.

Sebb, Marving / anyone else - any idea of the top of your head on how this
can be achieved via the maven-jar plugin. Have tried several things without
much success, will look more - but if anyone happens to know, will be very
useful.

Thanks
- Sid