incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduation resolution does not allow for committers != PMC
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 11:38:27 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org> wrote:
> ...When consider TLP graduation, all
> committers should be PPMC members?...

At the foundation level (i.e. in the board resolution that establishes
the project) we don't care about committers, it's only PMC members
which are relevant.

If a podling wishes to have only a subset of its committers as PPMC
members that's possible, and as I wrote earlier in this thread the
committers are not mentioned in the graduation resolution but they can
be re-established by the new PMC right after graduation.

IOW, "PMC member" is a foundation-level status whereas it's only the
PMC who's responsible for the "committer" status.

-Bertrand