incubator-general mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Sentry 1.3.0 incubating rc0
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 00:32:01 GMT
-1. The release artifact seems to be totally wrong to me, I think it
was built incorrectly/accidentally, it certainly wasn't built the same
way as the 1.2.0 release artifact.

Some of the problems:
1) the artifact is 500MB - the previous artifact (1.2.0) was 86k,
unless you added tons of test data I think this should be a red
flag...
2) it contains a lib directory with tons of third party binary artifacts
3) many of the required files are missing (such as DISCLAIMER)

Are you following the "how to release" process? Perhaps it's not
updated per the last release?
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENTRY/How+to+Release

I think you need to step back and look into what happened. Compare the
release artifact that you generate to the previous release. Read and
understand the details here before you attempt to cut a release:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Patrick

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 6:32 PM, Ramachandran, Karthik
<kramachandran@iqt.org> wrote:
> This is a release of Apache Sentry, version 1.3.0-incubating
>

> It fixes the following issues: http://s.apache.org/Ckp
>
> Source files : http://people.apache.org/~kramachandran/sentry-1.3.0-rc0/
>
> Tag to be voted on (rc0): https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-sentry/repo?p=incubator-sentry.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-1.3.0-rc0
>
> Sentry's KEYS containing the PGP key we used to sign the release:
> https://people.apache.org/keys/group/sentry.asc
>
> Note that this is a source only release and we are voting on the source (tag).
>

> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Karthik Ramachandran
>
> ---
> Lab41 Team Manager
> In-Q-Tel /  Lab41
> Cell: 571-455-5576
> E-mail: kramachandran@iqt.org<mailto:kramachandran@iqt.org> , kramachandran@apache.org
>

> "This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, may contain information that is privileged,
proprietary, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under law and are intended only for
the designated addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or a person
authorized to receive it on behalf of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you must not use, disseminate, copy in any form, or take any action based upon the email or
information contained therein. If you have received this email in error, please permanently
and immediately delete it and any copies of it, including any attachments, and promptly notify
the sender at In-Q-Tel by reply e-mail, fax: 703-248-3001, or phone: 703-248-3000. Thank you
for your cooperation."