incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 2.2.3 incubating RC4
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 01:18:47 GMT
On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 1:43 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 2.2.3 incubating RC4. Phoenix
> is a SQL query engine for Apache HBase, a NoSQL data store. It is accessed
> as a JDBC driver and enables querying and managing HBase tables using SQL. This
> will be our first release in the incubator. The release includes both a
> source-only release and a convenience binary release. The last RC was sunk
> because of errors in the LICENSE and NOTICE files.
>
> The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/phoenix/phoenix-2.2.3-incubating-rc4/src/
>
> The binary artifacts can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/phoenix/phoenix-2.2.3-incubating-rc4/bin/
>
> The dev list thread for the passing vote (3 +1s with 1 IPMC vote) can be
> found at:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-phoenix-dev/201403.mbox/%3CCAAF1JdiOuwWisUGRFDMChB_bpiALz1HVrJDEtk9-pAdwDVLchA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mujtaba.asc
>
> KEYS file available here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/phoenix/KEYS
>
> The tag to be voted upon is v2.2.3:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v2.2.3
>
> For information about the contents of this release see:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-phoenix.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/v2.2.3
>
> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Thanks,
> James

Hi James:

I went through the source and binary tarballs and can't seem to find a
DISCLAIMER file, or a notice as required by [1]. I note that a
DISCLAIMER file is only a SHOULD[2], but the notice MUST be present
somewhere[1]. Did I miss it somewhere? It seems to be the only problem
keeping me from issuing a positive vote.

I also note that a small number of files are missing license headers,
which I don't personally hold be blocking a release, but should be
fixed.

--David 'hating to be the bearer of bad news'

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html