incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Flagging up retired podlings on the website
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 21:09:22 GMT
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 8:17 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> At present, often the only indication that  podling is retired is that
> podlings.xml has been updated.
>
> Some podlings may include a note on their status page (Alois), others
> (Awf) don't.
>
> Neither Alois nor Awf have any indication on their web-pages that the
> podling has been retired.
>
> As well as updating the News section of the status pages, I think it
> would be worth considering adding an obvious banner to the start of
> the status page:
>
> And perhaps add a banner to the web pages, similar to what is done for
> Atiic projects, for example:
>
> http://harmony.apache.org/

This was discussed back in 2011.

    http://markmail.org/message/7t7iv66wgv5nug5m

Consensus coalesced around Christian Grobmeier's suggestion that we introduce
a redirect to the podling status page.

Apparently we still need to do the work of puttting in the redirects for a
number of retired podlings.

Marvin Humphrey