incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Taylor <>
Subject [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC1
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:46:58 GMT
Hi everyone,
This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC1. Phoenix
is a SQL query engine for Apache HBase, a NoSQL data store. It is accessed
as a JDBC driver and enables querying and managing HBase tables using SQL. This
is the next major release of Phoenix compatible with the 0.98 branch of
Apache HBase (0.98.1+) and will be our third release in the incubator. The
release includes both a source-only release and a convenience binary

The 4.0.0 release has feature parity with our pending 3.0.0 release. New
features include:
- Equi-joins through broadcast hash join
- Shared tables over same physical HBase table
- Read-only and updatable views
- Multi-tenancy
- Sequence creation and usage

The dev list thread for the passing vote (9 +1s with 2 IPMC votes) can be
found at:

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:

The binary artifacts can be found at:

KEYS file available here:

The tag to be voted upon:;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.0.0-incubating-rc1

For information about the contents of this release see:;a=log;h=refs/tags/v4.0.0-incubating-rc1

Release notes

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)