incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 3.0.0 incubating RC1
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 00:23:20 GMT
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 5:07 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> HBase is ASF code surely?
> So why does it need mentioning? - unless its NOTICE file has some
> attributions that relate to what you are bundling

Yes, HBase is ASF code. The other stuff we've listed are the transitive
dependencies of HBase. Do we list then only the non ASF transitive
dependencies in our LICENSE file? I think I was confused by the
http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#deps-of-deps instructions.

Would it be ok if I attached a modified LICENSE file for review here? Our
NOTICE file will be modified to include only the bare minimum as described
here: http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#simple

Thanks,
James