incubator-general mailing list archives

From Hal Lockhart <hal.lockh...@oracle.com>
Subject Finding a Champion
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 18:40:46 GMT
I am a newbie here. I am involved in an open source project called OpenAz. It is focus is to
provide tools and components for developing authorization and access control systems. Our
web page (and wiki) is here:

http://www.openliberty.org/wiki/index.php/OpenAz_Main_Page

We are using SourceForge for the code. We use the Apache license throughout. The project was
started in 2009 and was very small initially. More recently we have been gaining more momentum
and participants. We intend to propose to become an Incubator project.

I have looked at the documents and lists and I believe I understand how to write the first
draft of a Proposal. However, how does one go about recruiting a Champion. Does it make sense
to draft a proposal and then try to attract a Champion to it or is there a better way to proceed?

Hal Lockhart