incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Finding a Champion
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 18:47:55 GMT

On 03/18/2014 02:40 PM, Hal Lockhart wrote:
> I am a newbie here. I am involved in an open source project called OpenAz. It is focus
is to provide tools and components for developing authorization and access control systems.
Our web page (and wiki) is here:

> http://www.openliberty.org/wiki/index.php/OpenAz_Main_Page
>
> We are using SourceForge for the code. We use the Apache license throughout. The project
was started in 2009 and was very small initially. More recently we have been gaining more
momentum and participants. We intend to propose to become an Incubator project.

> I have looked at the documents and lists and I believe I understand how to write the
first draft of a Proposal. However, how does one go about recruiting a Champion. Does it make
sense to draft a proposal and then try to attract a Champion to it or is there a better way
to proceed?

This email was a good start.

Also, finding an existing Apache member who's either active in your
community, or is a user of your stuff, would be a good thing to
investigate. I see from your website that WSO2 is somehow involved.
There's several ASF members there.

Failing that, tell us why your project is awesome and why we'd want to
be involved.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon