incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Amend, Christian" <christian.am...@sap.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache Olingo 1.1.0 incubating (RC03)
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:43:48 GMT
Hi IPMC members,

Olingo is waiting to get a third vote for our current release candidate. We would really appreciate
if someone could have a look at this.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Brondsema [mailto:dave@brondsema.net]
Sent: Dienstag, 4. Februar 2014 23:06
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Olingo 1.1.0 incubating (RC03)

On 2/4/14 6:39 AM, Amend, Christian wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> thanks for your feedback :)
>
> The parent zip file is a pure source distribution. The README contains this paragraph
because we have these dependencies when building or deploying our project but they are not
included in the zip file and thus are not mentioned in the LICENSE file.
> If you have a look at our dist-* (e.g. dist-ref) packages they contain the necessary
licenses in the LICENSE file for the binary sources they include.

I see.  Your dist-* zip files look from what I can tell.  However, I would like
it if another IPMC member could take a look and give you the 3rd +1, since I do
not have a lot of experience assessing licensing for binary jar releases.

> The sha files were built with sha512 and I think we will change the naming there for
the next release to make this more clear.

> The way I understood the paragraph in [1] is that if you make changes to the mandatory
text it has to be approved by the Incubator PMC. Since we did not change this and only added
our website at the end I hope this is within the acceptable range. Nevertheless if this is
no show stopper I will address this on our mailing list after the release.

Right, it probably is just fine how you have it, so not a show stopper.  Just a
little bit more proper for a future release.

> Thanks & Best Regards,
> Christian
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers

Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net