incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Amend, Christian" <christian.am...@sap.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache Olingo 1.1.0 incubating (RC03)
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 11:39:49 GMT

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Brondsema [mailto:dave@brondsema.net]
Sent: Dienstag, 4. Februar 2014 06:52
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Olingo 1.1.0 incubating (RC03)

Hello Christian, and Olingo team.

So far I have only looked at
olingo-odata2-parent-incubating-1.1.0-RC03-source-release.zip since it seemed
like the main source file.  I also haven't tried to build it, since it's been a
long time since I've done any Java :)

The last section in the README file states there are dual licenses, weak
copyleft dependencies, etc, and refers to the LICENSE file for details.  The
LICENSE file only has the AL2 in it.  Are there additional licenses used in
Olingo?  If so, they should be properly referenced in the LICENSE file.  If not,
the README shouldn't state such things.  I wouldn't put any licensing info in
the README either way, the LICENSE file should cover that in a single document.

The DISCLAIMER file has extra content (after the 3rd paragraph) that is not
needed.  It doesn't seem harmful to me, but
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers is pretty clear
about using exact text without changes.  I also agree with Francesco on your dev
list about removing blank lines from NOTICE.

What format are the .sha files?  I tried all the sha*sum commands on my system
and none produced anything even similar.  I suggest naming them *.sha1 or
*.sha512 for example.

-Dave

On 1/31/14 9:18 AM, Amend, Christian wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> This is a call for a vote on Apache Olingo 1.1.0 incubating. This is our 3rd try
> of our 2nd release. We have resolved all issues which were discussed since our
> 1st release candidate.
>
> Apache Olingo is a library implementing OData V2 protocol specification.
>
> A vote was held on the Olingo developer mailing list and it passed with eight +1
> votes where two +1 votes came from our mentors. The vote had zero -1 or 0 votes
> (see the vote thread [1] and result thread [2]), and now requires a vote on this
> list.
>
> The vote will be open for 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1
> IPMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Olingo 1.1.0 incubating
>
> Best Regards,
> Christian
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/ugfeqpzjxrnedpqn
> [2] http://markmail.org/message/uiklgm25o7upks3t
>
> Resources ========
>
> The release candidate is available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~chrisam/olingo2/1.1.0-RC03/
>
> The release candidate has been signed through the key 475D9522 in:
> http://keyserver.kjsl.org:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x475D9522&op=vindex
>
> The project KEYS file is available here:
> https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/olingo/KEYS
>
> The release candidate is based on the sources tagged with 1.1.0-RC03:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-olingo-odata2.git;a=commit;h=58849673f6eeb1817d7c952ef11667989b8a994a
> and is based on the following commit id:
> 58849673f6eeb1817d7c952ef11667989b8a994a

Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal
http://www.splike.com : programming
              <><