incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Tool to generate disclaimer, NOTICE, etc. files
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 16:49:14 GMT
Do you think it would be helpful if we had a tool that generated these files?  It could work
like a command line wizard that prompts the person for licensing information and then generates
a valid disclaimer, notice, etc. files.

If this is a good idea, what files should we generate?  Currently, all I can think of is disclaimer
and notice.

Maybe it could add the info into the project's DOAP file.  If we worked out the kinks then
we could create sbt/gradle/mvn plugins to read the DOAP file and insert these files into the
correct places in the distributions.  Apache RAT could also use this info as well.

WDYT?

Regards,
Alan