incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject [RESULT] [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Open Climate Workbench from the Incubator
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 06:29:23 GMT
Hi Folks,

This VOTE has passed with the following tallies:


+1
------
Chris Mattmann*
Michael Joyce
Denis Nadeau
Cameron Goodale
Paul Ramirez*
Chris Douglas*
Andrew Hart*
Henry Saputra*
Suresh Marru*

+0
-----

-1
-----


* - indicates IPMC member

I will go ahead and paste the board resolution into the board agenda.
Thanks to everyone for VOTE'ing!

Cheers,
Chris


-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org>
Reply-To: "general@incubator.apache.org" <general@incubator.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:46 AM
To: "general@incubator.apache.org" <general@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: "dev@climate.incubator.apache.org" <dev@climate.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Open Climate Workbench from the
Incubator

>Hi Folks,
>
>The Apache Open Climate Workbench community has VOTEd to graduate
>from the Apache Incubator.
>
>I'm now calling an official IPMC VOTE to make this happen as well.
>Here's the community tally:
>
>+1
>------
>Chris Mattmann*
>Michael Joyce
>Denis Nadeau
>Cameron Goodale
>Paul Ramirez*
>Chris Douglas*
>Andrew Hart*
>
>+0
>-----
>
>-1
>-----
>
>
>* - indicates IPMC member
>
>We've made 3 releases of the software, have added new committers and
>PPMC members and in general done great work to build this community
>in the Apache way.
>
>Please VOTE to graduate Apache Open Climate Workbench from the Incubator.
>I'll leave the VOTE open for the next week and tally the results after
>then.
>The graduation resolution is pasted below.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Cheers,
>Chris
>
>
>---snip
>WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>    interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
>    Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
>    Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
>    open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
>    public, related to the preparation, evaluation and analysis of massive
>climate remote sensing and model output data.
>
>    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>    Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Open Climate Workbench
>Project", be
>    and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
>    and be it further
>
>    RESOLVED, that the Apache Open Climate Workbench Project be and hereby
>is
>    responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
>    related to preparation, evaluation and analysis of massive
>climate remote sensing and model output data; and be it further
>
>    RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Open Climate
>Workbench", be
>    and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
>    at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
>    Apache Open Climate Workbench Project, and to have primary
>responsibility for
>    management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
>    of the Apache Open Climate Workbench Project; and be it further
>
>    RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>    hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>    Apache Open Climate Workbench Project:
>
>* Andrew Hart <ahart@apache.org>
>* Maziyar Boustani <boustani@apache.org>
>* Christopher Douglas <cdouglas@apache.org>
>* Chris Jack <cjack@apache.org>
>* Dan Crichton <crichton@apache.org>
>* Denis Nadeau <nadeau@apache.org>
>* estani <estani@apache.org>
>* Cameron Goodale <goodale@apache.org>
>* Alex Goodman <goodman@apache.org>
>* Huikyo Lee <huikyole@apache.org>
>* Jason Peter Evans <jasonevans@apache.org>
>* Jinwon Kim <jkim@apache.org>
>* Michael James Joyce <joyce@apache.org>
>* Laura Carriere <lcarriere@apache.org>
>* Lluis Fita Borrell <lfitaborrell@apache.org>
>* Luca Cinquini <lluca@apache.org>
>* Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org>
>* Nick Kew <niq@apache.org>
>* Paul Loikith <ploikith@apache.org>
>* Paul Michael Ramirez <pramirez@apache.org>
>* Paul Zimdars <pzimdars@apache.org>
>* M. V. S. Rama Rao <ramarao@apache.org>
>* J Sansay <sanjay@apache.org>
>* Shakeh Khudikyan <skhudiky@apache.org>
>* Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org>
>* Duane Waliser <waliser@apache.org>
>* Kim Whitehall <whitehall@apache.org>
>
>NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Michael Joyce be
>   appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Open Climate
>Workbench,
>to
>   serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>   Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>   death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
>   until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>   RESOLVED, that the Apache Open Climate Workbench Project be and hereby
>is
>   tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>   Incubator Open Climate Workbench podling; and be it further
>
>   RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>   Incubator Open Climate Workbench podling encumbered upon the Apache
>Incubator
>   Project are hereafter discharged.
>
>
>---snip
>
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Michael Joyce <joyce@apache.org>
>Reply-To: "dev@climate.incubator.apache.org"
><dev@climate.incubator.apache.org>
>Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:41 AM
>To: dev <dev@climate.incubator.apache.org>
>Subject: Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Open Climate Workbench from the
>Incubator
>
>>Hay everyone,
>>
>>Just a quick follow up to provide a summary of the vote.
>>
>>+1
>>------
>>Chris Mattmann
>>Michael Joyce
>>Denis Nadeau
>>Cameron Goodale
>>Paul Ramirez
>>Chris Douglas
>>Andrew Hart
>>
>>+0
>>-----
>>
>>-1
>>-----
>>
>>Unfortunately, I don't think everything will get done in time for todays
>>board meeting. However we have plenty of time to get everything taken
>>care
>>of for February!
>>
>>Thanks everyone!
>>
>>
>>-- Joyce
>>
>>
>>On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Andrew Hart <ahart@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> +1,
>>>
>>> Andrew.
>>>
>>>
>>> On 12/16/13 9:14 AM, Chris Mattmann wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Folks,
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> OK, DISCUSS thread here: http://s.apache.org/22I
>>>>
>>>> Here's a draft resolution to VOTE on:
>>>>
>>>> ---snip
>>>> WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>>>>    interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
>>>>    Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
>>>>    Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
>>>>    open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
>>>>    public, related to the preparation, evaluation and analysis of
>>>>massive
>>>> climate remote sensing and model output data.
>>>>
>>>>    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>>>>    Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Open Climate Workbench
>>>> Project", be
>>>>    and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
>>>>    and be it further
>>>>
>>>>    RESOLVED, that the Apache Open Climate Workbench Project be and
>>>>hereby
>>>> is
>>>>    responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
>>>>    related to preparation, evaluation and analysis of massive
>>>> climate remote sensing and model output data; and be it further
>>>>
>>>>    RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Open Climate
>>>> Workbench", be
>>>>    and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
>>>>    at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
>>>>    Apache Open Climate Workbench Project, and to have primary
>>>> responsibility for
>>>>    management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
>>>>    of the Apache Open Climate Workbench Project; and be it further
>>>>
>>>>    RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>>>>    hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>>>>    Apache Open Climate Workbench Project:
>>>>
>>>> * Andrew Hart <ahart@apache.org>
>>>> * Maziyar Boustani <boustani@apache.org>
>>>> * Christopher Douglas <cdouglas@apache.org>
>>>> * Chris Jack <cjack@apache.org>
>>>> * Dan Crichton <crichton@apache.org>
>>>> * Denis Nadeau <nadeau@apache.org>
>>>> * estani <estani@apache.org>
>>>> * Cameron Goodale <goodale@apache.org>
>>>> * Alex Goodman <goodman@apache.org>
>>>> * Huikyo Lee <huikyole@apache.org>
>>>> * Jason Peter Evans <jasonevans@apache.org>
>>>> * Jinwon Kim <jkim@apache.org>
>>>> * Michael James Joyce <joyce@apache.org>
>>>> * Laura Carriere <lcarriere@apache.org>
>>>> * Lluis Fita Borrell <lfitaborrell@apache.org>
>>>> * Luca Cinquini <lluca@apache.org>
>>>> * Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org>
>>>> * Nick Kew <niq@apache.org>
>>>> * Paul Loikith <ploikith@apache.org>
>>>> * Paul Michael Ramirez <pramirez@apache.org>
>>>> * Paul Zimdars <pzimdars@apache.org>
>>>> * M. V. S. Rama Rao <ramarao@apache.org>
>>>> * J Sansay <sanjay@apache.org>
>>>> * Shakeh Khudikyan <skhudiky@apache.org>
>>>> * Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org>
>>>> * Duane Waliser <waliser@apache.org>
>>>> * Kim Whitehall <whitehall@apache.org>
>>>>
>>>> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Michael Joyce be
>>>>   appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Open Climate
>>>> Workbench,
>>>> to
>>>>   serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>>>>   Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>>>>   death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
>>>>   until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>>>>
>>>>   RESOLVED, that the Apache Open Climate Workbench Project be and
>>>>hereby
>>>> is
>>>>   tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>>>>   Incubator Open Climate Workbench podling; and be it further
>>>>
>>>>   RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>>>>   Incubator Open Climate Workbench podling encumbered upon the Apache
>>>> Incubator
>>>>   Project are hereafter discharged.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---snip
>>>>
>>>> Please VOTE on the resolution above to graduate Apache Open Climate
>>>> Workbench into an Apache Top Level Project and from the Apache
>>>>Incubator.
>>>>
>>>> I'll leave the VOTE open for the next week. We're too late for this
>>>> month's
>>>> board meeting, but we're in plenty of time hopefully for Jan 2014.
>>>>Sorry
>>>> needed to push this along a little quicker, but no rush.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks all!
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Chris Mattmann
>>>>
>>>> P.S. Here is my resounding +1!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andrew F. Hart
>>> http://people.apache.org/~ahart
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message