incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Nalley <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Spark from the Incubator
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:22:47 GMT
> If you look at the GitHub code reviews (,
you'll see that lots of people are contributing to reviewing. But I agree that the new committer
onboarding process should include having them do a test commit.

Reviews being done on github causes me a bit of concern. Generally
dev@ should be the nexus for a project, and most of the projects that
have github in the workflow ensure that pull requests get sent to dev@
so the discussions, reviews, and patches themselves are seen and
archived there.

I see that one of your mentors brought up similar concerns about this
(as well as where discussions on strategy or roadmap happen) yesterday
on dev@ - that doesn't leave me with warm fuzzy assurance that the
project groks the Apache way.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: