incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to handle "module" contributions
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 23:19:18 GMT
The basic idea is that you have to have the right to incorporate the code
and be able to demonstrate that right.

For example #1, you can switch your contributions to ASL2 and be good, but
you may have problems with the contributions of the others unless the
contributions are trivial.

For example #2, it is typically necessary to get a specific grant licensing
the code to Apache.  If the corporate entity were to relicense the code
being donated under ASL2, that would suffice, but a letter indicating
intent to donate would be nice.

Others may have additional opinions so don't assume my answer is definitive.