incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Spark from the Incubator
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 13:12:12 GMT
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 4:05 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> ...The part that disturbs me is that after the vote passed in the
> community, and came to the IPMC a mentor is still having to remind
> folks that things like strategy and roadmap discussions need to happen
> on the mailing list...

Yes - considering the worrying aspects that this thread brought to the
surface, I would recommend that the Spark mentors take another look
and make a solid case to demonstrate that the project is actually
ready to graduate.

Remember that the Incubator PMC's vote is only about *recommending*
that the board accepts the incoming project, if there's no strong
consensus I'd assume that the board is likely to reject the resolution
until that strong consensus for graduation is established here.

-Bertrand