incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: best development methodology for Apache git?
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 08:08:19 GMT
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Ignasi Barrera <> wrote:
> ...Just wanted to clarify this, as I think this approach doesn't introduce
> overhead to commiters/contributors and respects the ASF workflow...

Thanks for this, IIUC this is described at

which looks quite good to me, as you indicate having your canonical
repository on Apache infrastructure and cutting releases from that is
a requirement.

There's two things that could be added IMO:

1) Apache accepts only voluntary contributions, your PMC needs to be
able to demonstrate that every contribution is intentional. For this
it might be good to have a phrase like "by creating a pull request
against our github repository you indicate your willingness to
contribute your code to Apache jclouds" on that page and/or in the
top-level README files of your modules.

2) Contributors should be made aware of and, and the PMC should
ask for an iCLA for "substantial contributions", whatever that means. is a reasonable way to
explain that IMO, I'd just add a mention of the CCLA which Apache does
not require but which people who are employees often need.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message