incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Change of IPMC Chair
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 15:23:23 GMT
Hi Marvin,

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 7:07 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 3:20 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> Cautious congrats here, as the board still has to accept this
>> recommendation.
> You know, I thought about this before posting then went ahead anyway.  I
> suppose that in the future, best practice -- for any project -- would be to
> hold off on announcing a chair change until after the Board approves the
> resolution.  Similar to inviting new PMC members only after the NOTICE period
> expires....

Yes, that's correct - it's quite rare for the board to reject those
recommendations but that can happen, so it's safer to keep the
corresponding delays in mind.

No big deal, as the board meeting is on the 19th I just wanted to make
people aware of the delay before the change of chair is effective.

-Bertrand