incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Change of IPMC Chair
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 06:07:07 GMT
On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 3:20 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 3:02 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>> ...Congratulations to Roman Shaposhnik!  The Incubator PMC has voted to
>> recommend Roman as our next Chair in a resolution to the Board next
>> week....
>
> Cautious congrats here, as the board still has to accept this
> recommendation.
>
> I don't see a reason why it would not accept it, but it's not effective
> until that happens.

You know, I thought about this before posting then went ahead anyway.  I
suppose that in the future, best practice -- for any project -- would be to
hold off on announcing a chair change until after the Board approves the
resolution.  Similar to inviting new PMC members only after the NOTICE period
expires.

Marvin Humphrey