incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 2.2.3 incubating
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 18:25:44 GMT
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com>wrote:

> Are you saying it is ok to contain compiled executed binaries if they
> were signed?

I did not take a position on that.

The how-to-release documentation perhaps has more room for interpretation
than is desirable.

There had been long discussion in general@ list about what should be contained
> in release artifacts (with 0.8.1 Spark release) and I believe the
> conclusion was to avoid executable binaries in the source release
> artifacts.

I missed this discussion. Probably this conclusion just hasn't surfaced
into documentation yet.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy