incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to handle "module" contributions
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 23:04:45 GMT
My apologies if this has been asked before or is well documented somewhere. If it is I couldn't
find it.

What is the process for handling "contrib module" code donations from an IP clearance perspective?

Example #1 (https://github.com/ptgoetz/storm-jms)
An individual (me in this case) wishes to donate code that is licensed under the EPL, and
has had a few contributions (no CLAs). Is switching to Apache v2 license and adding license
headers all that would be necessary?

Example #2 (https://github.com/hmsonline/storm-cassandra)
Same story as the previous example, except this time it is a corporate entity. The project
has transitioned to the Apache license.

In each case, what is necessary to incorporate the code into an incubator project?

(Sorry for the double post, I hit send accidentally.)

-Taylor