incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernan...@salzburgresearch.at>
Subject Re: best development methodology for Apache git?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 10:10:36 GMT
Hi,

On 03/02/14 10:42, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 6:47 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
>> The Phoenix project has recently come into incubation from it's former life
>> as a Github project. I believe other projects have made this same
>> transition, so I'm looking to get some advice from them...
>
> CouchDB has documented their Git workflow at
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/ContributorWorkflow

In Marmotta we adopted a Gitflow as workflow, you can find the
documentation at the web site:

http://marmotta.apache.org/development.html#Source_code

But we'd be really interested on extend that to github-like pull
requests, in order to make easier to get contributions from new people.
I think that's what James is asking, and what jclouds has implemented
somehow. But I miss some more details to actually know how they do it,
specially taking into account that many repos at github are not properly
synced.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández