incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Kowalski, Francois-Xavier" <francois-xavier.kowal...@hp.com>
Subject Re: Package naming for several languages
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 20:28:18 GMT

>> My $0.1: stick with the language rather than with the platform:
>>
>> *-js/
>> *-objc/
>> *-cs/
>>

>> As an example, the Java packages ar3e being named as follows
>
> previous: org.usergrid
> new: org.apache.usergrid
>
> Can you please elaborate on how (if required at all) we should name the
> packages for the above languages e.g. js, objc, cs, etc?
> Thanks if your able to help me clear this one up.
> best
> Lewis

Hello Lewis,

Sorry to have confused you: I do certainly do not want to waste anyone's time.

This is indeed my suggestion: use package names that indicate the language binding rather
than the target platform. The main reason is that several languages bindings may land on a
single target platform, the opposite being generally not true.

All the Best.

--FiX