incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Open Climate Workbench from the Incubator
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 17:46:13 GMT
Hi Folks,

The Apache Open Climate Workbench community has VOTEd to graduate
from the Apache Incubator.

I'm now calling an official IPMC VOTE to make this happen as well.
Here's the community tally:

+1
------
Chris Mattmann*
Michael Joyce
Denis Nadeau
Cameron Goodale
Paul Ramirez*
Chris Douglas*
Andrew Hart*

+0
-----

-1
-----

* - indicates IPMC member

We've made 3 releases of the software, have added new committers and
PPMC members and in general done great work to build this community
in the Apache way.

Please VOTE to graduate Apache Open Climate Workbench from the Incubator.
I'll leave the VOTE open for the next week and tally the results after
then.
The graduation resolution is pasted below.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Chris

---snip
    open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
    public, related to the preparation, evaluation and analysis of massive
climate remote sensing and model output data.

    Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Open Climate Workbench
Project", be
    and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
    and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache Open Climate Workbench Project be and hereby
is
    related to preparation, evaluation and analysis of massive
climate remote sensing and model output data; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Open Climate
Workbench", be
    and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
    at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
    Apache Open Climate Workbench Project, and to have primary
responsibility for
    management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
    of the Apache Open Climate Workbench Project; and be it further

    Apache Open Climate Workbench Project:

* Andrew Hart <ahart@apache.org>
* Maziyar Boustani <boustani@apache.org>
* Christopher Douglas <cdouglas@apache.org>
* Chris Jack <cjack@apache.org>
* Dan Crichton <crichton@apache.org>
* Denis Nadeau <nadeau@apache.org>
* estani <estani@apache.org>
* Cameron Goodale <goodale@apache.org>
* Alex Goodman <goodman@apache.org>
* Huikyo Lee <huikyole@apache.org>
* Jason Peter Evans <jasonevans@apache.org>
* Jinwon Kim <jkim@apache.org>
* Michael James Joyce <joyce@apache.org>
* Laura Carriere <lcarriere@apache.org>
* Lluis Fita Borrell <lfitaborrell@apache.org>
* Luca Cinquini <lluca@apache.org>
* Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org>
* Nick Kew <niq@apache.org>
* Paul Loikith <ploikith@apache.org>
* Paul Michael Ramirez <pramirez@apache.org>
* Paul Zimdars <pzimdars@apache.org>
* M. V. S. Rama Rao <ramarao@apache.org>
* J Sansay <sanjay@apache.org>
* Shakeh Khudikyan <skhudiky@apache.org>
* Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org>
* Duane Waliser <waliser@apache.org>
* Kim Whitehall <whitehall@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Michael Joyce be
   appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Open Climate
Workbench,
   serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
   death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
   until a successor is appointed; and be it further

   RESOLVED, that the Apache Open Climate Workbench Project be and hereby
is
   tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
   Incubator Open Climate Workbench podling; and be it further

   Incubator Open Climate Workbench podling encumbered upon the Apache
Incubator
   Project are hereafter discharged.

---snip