incubator-general mailing list archives

From Seetharam Venkatesh <venkat...@innerzeal.com>
Subject Re: [] Release Apache Falcon version 0.4-incubating
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 04:51:35 GMT
Dear Sergio,

Thanks for trying the release of Falcon.

> but unfortunately it has failed:
I'm not sure why the oozie dependency build is failing. I'll look into this
tonite. The logs from the build failure could help.

> Looking to the script is failing, it looks your are trying to manually
install a maven dependency. I don't have background about the task, but I'm
pretty sure there a re better ways to it.
The reason we do this are 2 fold:
1. these dependencies are not available in a central repo
2. We need to customize certain behavior of this dependency in falcon so we
can run end to end integration tests as part of the build.

> One more thing, does the release also include binary packages?
This is a source-only release and the vote is called for the source
package. The binary is there for convenience for folks to try Falcon with
out building the sources.

Thanks!