incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernan...@salzburgresearch.at>
Subject Re: [] Release Apache Falcon version 0.4-incubating
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:25:57 GMT
Hi Seetharam,

On 27/01/14 05:51, Seetharam Venkatesh wrote:
> Thanks for trying the release of Falcon.

Thanks for all the great stuff your are implementing. From my experience
it's always useful to get feedback from user out of the core team.

>> but unfortunately it has failed:
> I'm not sure why the oozie dependency build is failing. I'll look into this
> tonite. The logs from the build failure could help.

Sure. Please, find it attached. Hope this helps you to find the source
of the issue.

>> Looking to the script is failing, it looks your are trying to manually
> install a maven dependency. I don't have background about the task, but I'm
> pretty sure there a re better ways to it.
> The reason we do this are 2 fold:
> 1. these dependencies are not available in a central repo
> 2. We need to customize certain behavior of this dependency in falcon so we
> can run end to end integration tests as part of the build.

I'd prefer to have a second opinion from the IPMC on this, but I guess
your work around with that dependency does not fit well with some ASF
rules on releasing. Not sure to be blocking, but at least something to
be noticed somewhere.

>> One more thing, does the release also include binary packages?
> This is a source-only release and the vote is called for the source
> package. The binary is there for convenience for folks to try Falcon with
> out building the sources.

OK, then be careful not to distributes binaries together the source release.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Senior Researcher