incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <>
Subject Re: IP Clearance before releasing
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2013 14:14:25 GMT
On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM, Marvin Humphrey <>wrote:

> Greets,
> I read in the Tajo report and I see on the dev list that the Tajo
> developers
> are now diligently tackling IP clearance:
>     In my view, IP clearance is only the remain work for graduation.

That was also my understanding, that IP clearance is important, and
neccessary for successful incubation, but incubator releases are orthogonal
and therefore carry a disclaimer being not fully vetted Apache releases
because of IP and other open issues.
Have I missed a change here to our policie?

> However, the fact that this is only happening now represents a failure of
> the
> IPMC.  Tajo made a release last month.  That release should not have gotten
> our go-ahead until IP clearance was completed[1].

In the reference "[1]", what exactly are you referring to?