incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Verification Checklist
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:04:30 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...2) Podlings should normally graduate after the first release  (and we
> should more proactively do that) not stay to do more...

I wouldn't set this as a goal. It's nice when it happens, but as you
say the goal is for a podling to be generally healthy and to have
understood the Apache invariants before graduating. It's not the
number of releases.

> ...If we could find a way to have Incubator PMC members accept a lower
> bar for doing podling releases it would make a massive improvement to
> everyones experience of the Incubator....

Define "lower bar". Do you see any of the review items
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/release_manifest.txt as optional?

-Bertrand