incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Release Verification Checklist
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 08:55:44 GMT
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM, sebb <> wrote:
> On 2 December 2013 13:52, Bertrand Delacretaz <> wrote:
>> ...I think managing and keeping such release manifests in svn, at least
>> for incubating projects, would make the release process much clearer
>> and easier to understand.
> But it is much harder to update an SVN document compared with replying
> to an e-mail....

Compared to the work involved in reviewing a release, I don't think an
svn update/commit is too much to ask.

Also, having the release manifests in svn is a good example for future
podlings to look at.

But if people think that's too hard, we can also try in email.

> If the proposal is adopted, then I think the comments should be signed
> with ASF ids rather than initials (which may be ambiguous)

Good point, agreed.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message