incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Release Verification Checklist
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 01:20:10 GMT
On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Can you live with this second draft?
>
> I don't understand what this means:
>
>   ASF copyright correct in each top-level NOTICE.
>
> Why is it necessary in addition to the following?
>
>   Top-level LICENSE and NOTICE correct for each distribution.

The awkwardness of that line is an artifact of how the checklist has evolved.
At this point, I agree that it's become superfluous, so I've deleted it.

> I think there needs to be a separate list of explanations that detail
> the checks.

+1

So be it, as long as the checklist itself stays concise.

I've now deleted the first draft, as I assume that no one will object to
moving forward with the second draft accommodating multiple archives.

Marvin Humphrey