incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Enable Release Checklist Experiment
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 05:05:47 GMT
On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Marvin Humphrey
> <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>> ...We've done all that with comparatively few emails: at 466 messages...
>
> I'm having a hard time deciding if doing this in 466 messages is good
> news or not ;-)

To be precise, it's taken us 248 messages.  (466 was the number of emails sent
to general@incubator in November.)

For a better perspective, here are tallies combining November and December
(through today):

*   768 emails sent to general@incubator
*   248 emails in threads related to Incubator process reform

Compare those numbers against January/February 2012, the last time the
Incubator tried to tackle process reform issues in earnest:

*   1652 emails sent to general@incubator
*   ~700 emails in threads related to Incubator process reform

Note that those tallies don't include traffic to private@incubator.  If we
added in the private@incubator stats the contrast would be even more dramatic,
because this time we were *much* better about keeping discussions on the
public lists.

> Thanks very much Marvin for hanging in there and driving this to closure!

And thank you, Bertrand -- for your creative, adaptive suggestions, and for
being so easy to work with as always!

Marvin Humphrey