incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: NPanday needs our attention
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 23:44:30 GMT
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@gmail.com> wrote:

> The last report I can find was was back in July and notes there are issues
> with failing tests and with the project moving forward and making a
> release, this is still the case. The last release was in May 2011.
>
> In the last month there been some activity (started by the last shepherds
> actions) and some discussion on the mailing list to what needs to be done
> to move forward (including perhaps retiring the project) but no commits or
> patches submitted. The last remaining mentor has resigned and the PMC seems
> to have gone missing, so currently the project is without the needed number
> of mentors and active PMC members.

The content above already makes for an excellent shepherd review with just a
little rearranging!  Two tidbits, though.  First, Raphael Bircher volunteered
to become a Mentor, so NPanday is not completely without IPMC oversight.
Second, finalizing the shepherd review should probably wait until after the
Wednesday filing deadline so that you can take the report they file into
account.  (Assuming they file one -- if not, that's notable as well).

Marvin Humphrey