incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Release Verification Checklist
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2013 21:02:12 GMT

On Dec 6, 2013, at 8:53 AM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 2:32 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/votes/$PODLING/$RC ...
>>
>> Added to a new "usage proposal" section at
>> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReleaseChecklist - does that
>> proposal work for you guys?
>
> I like it. It basically looks like sebb-in-a-box to me (or should
> be elastic sebb these days?) ;-)

I like it. I think two more improvements are needed:

(1) PPMC members should be sure to record the votes of community members who are not PPMC/committers
and have no apache id.
(2) The header should include a reference to the VOTE thread.

Adding the community votes and thread reference can help the IPMC assess the other major graduation
criteria - community viability and growth. We need to assess sustainability.

Regards,
Dave