incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Engaging Mentors
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 08:07:46 GMT
Taylor,

your mentors should read the mailing lists. Why I would not expect to
get answers when a question is hidden in a technical detail question, a
subject line with [MENTOR] in it should draw attention. I expect mentors
to read all subject lines.

Other tags mentors should watch is [VOTE] or [DISCUSS] or anything on
private@.

However we have often the case that mentors are awol. If you are not
able to get anything out from your mentors please hit general@ again
with your question.

Cheers,
Christian

On 5 Dec 2013, at 8:42, P. Taylor Goetz wrote:

> Now that Storm has gotten its final non-Apache release (0.9.0) out the
> door [1], we’re ready to dig in and focus entirely on migrating to
> Apache.
>
> Until now, we’ve not been all that focused on embracing the Apache
> process (we’ve been trying to get 0.9.0 out to a waiting community),
> and so haven’t needed much from our mentors (i.e. I’m not finding
> fault with our mentors at all.).
>
> No that that’s changed, what’s the best way to catch our
> mentors’ attention? Is it just an email to dev@ with a subject line
> prepended with “[MENTORS]”, or is there a better way?
>
> Just looking for a way to separate signal from noise for our mentors.
>
> - Taylor
>

> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-storm-dev/201312.mbox/%3C820508E3-8377-4B70-A58B-A15E87F3B319%40gmail.com%3E

---