incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <>
Subject Re: Engaging Mentors
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 08:07:46 GMT

your mentors should read the mailing lists. Why I would not expect to
get answers when a question is hidden in a technical detail question, a
subject line with [MENTOR] in it should draw attention. I expect mentors
to read all subject lines.

Other tags mentors should watch is [VOTE] or [DISCUSS] or anything on

However we have often the case that mentors are awol. If you are not
able to get anything out from your mentors please hit general@ again
with your question.

On 5 Dec 2013, at 8:42, P. Taylor Goetz wrote:

> Now that Storm has gotten its final non-Apache release (0.9.0) out the
> door [1], we’re ready to dig in and focus entirely on migrating to
> Apache.
> Until now, we’ve not been all that focused on embracing the Apache
> process (we’ve been trying to get 0.9.0 out to a waiting community),
> and so haven’t needed much from our mentors (i.e. I’m not finding
> fault with our mentors at all.).
> No that that’s changed, what’s the best way to catch our
> mentors’ attention? Is it just an email to dev@ with a subject line
> prepended with “[MENTORS]”, or is there a better way?
> Just looking for a way to separate signal from noise for our mentors.
> - Taylor
> [1]

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: