incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernan...@salzburgresearch.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.8.0-incubating (rc4)
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:06:49 GMT
Hi,

although the basics looks fine:

* keys checked
* builds fine on a clean environment

I got some warnings that should be fixed in future releases:

* only key from one committer, without his apache email address
* few dependencies retrieved from out of maven central
* some libraries' binaries distributed with the source code

I'm not an expert on SBT, and I'm not sure why you need both...

On 14/12/13 04:13, Patrick Wendell wrote:
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 0.8.1-incubating!
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 0.8.1-incubating

Therefore I do not feel comfortable accepting the release, so I have to
vote +0 until those issue are clarified (see also further discussions in
this thread).

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández