incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject LICENSE and NOTICE Role Models
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 23:15:16 GMT
In the process of preparing the LICENSE and NOTICE files for Storm, I started looking at what
other Apache projects (both incubator and TLPs) have done.

It seems like approaches are all over the map. I've even seen projects that don't have a NOTICE.

My question to any mentors and PMC members is are there any projects that stand out as having
done a really good job at this? (I understand that every circumstance is different.)

One project that stood out to me was Cassandra. Storm actually shares some of the same dependencies,
so I found their approach helpful.

- Taylor