incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joseph Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Majority vs Lazy Majority
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 19:46:48 GMT
Every American that has voted for a public office
knows that winning the majority has nothing to do
with the total population of potential voters.  Let’s
not try to rationalize geekdom’s love affair with
special purpose terminology- my own pet peeve is
what the java world did to the word distribution.

That being said, what harm does it do to add this
term to the glossary?  It’s already in wide use, and
that suggests we should incorporate a common definition
on the site if one presents itself.

On Nov 9, 2013, at 7:17 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Is there such a concept as "Lazy Majority" ?
> Yes many Apache projects define it (eg Ant, Kafka, Hadoop, Pig, Hive and others ) as
does Apache HTTP. [1]
> "Lazy majority decides each issue in the release plan."
>
> Different projects however  use different terms, as far as I can see  "Lazy Majority"
is used more than " "Majority Approval" but both have the same rules, ie 3 +1s and more +1's
than -1's.