incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <>
Subject Re: Do we need a disclaimer? (Storm)
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:26:07 GMT
IIRC, JSPWiki had exactly the same issue when it entered the incubator.

There were a non-Apache release or two while it was incubating, using the non-Apache package
names, hosted on non-Apache servers and announced on non-Apache mail lists.

Since it wasn't an Apache release, it was not announced on announce at but was
announced on the Apache incubating user and dev lists.

I think Storm could do the same. There is specific interest in the incubating Storm community
but not general interest in the wider Apache community.

On Nov 15, 2013, at 7:10 AM, P. Taylor Goetz wrote:

> Agreed. It will not be hosted or linked to from any Apache site.
> On another thread on the storm dev list, I have an open question as to whether or not
it’s okay to announce it (with a disclaimer that it is not an Apache release) on the Apache
mailing lists dev/, or if any announcements should only go
to the google groups mailing list.