incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Log4cxx incubation
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 21:52:16 GMT
These are all people who are not known to Logging. And so far I don't
see if anybody else at Logging has the time or knowledge to oversee
incoming patches. I would like to treat it as a new incubation: new
people, new community, new things to learn. I would like to give them
write access directly, because I can't judge on the patches myself (zero
c++ knowledge).

Does it explain why I would like to mentor them in the community?

On 30 Nov 2013, at 21:30, sebb wrote:

> I'm not sure why the Incubator needs to be involved at all here.
>
> On 30 November 2013 19:30, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> zero feedback? :-)
>>

>> On 28 Nov 2013, at 10:50, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Incubator people,
>>>
>>> I just added a new proposal for the incubation of log4cxx:
>>> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/Log4cxxProposal
>>>
>>> This project was inactive for a good while at logging.apache.org.
>>> When we
>>> discussed the attic,
>>> a lot of people showed their interest and willingness to work on it.
>>>
>>> Due to the size of the new team I think it is to start a new
>>> incubation.
>>>
>>> Of course I am willing to step up as Champion and Mentor. Others
>>> here who
>>> have an interest in logging
>>> in C are invited to step up as a mentor too.
>>>
>>> The goal is to reboot this project and move it back to logging.a.o
>>> as soon
>>> as the team is ready.
>>>
>>> As resources are already there, I would like to simply reuse them
>>> and just
>>> move the svn repos to the incubator tree.
>>>
>>> Please let me know about your thoughts.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Christian
>>>
>>> ---