incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache project bylaws
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 01:06:08 GMT
Hi,

> I see no discrepancy between the documents you cite.  The first says
> that committer votes are by consensus, the second says that
> "procedural" votes are by majority, but doesn't define procedural and
> there's no implication that it includes committer votes.

There was conversation on members@ in the last couple of days (which I'm unable to view) that
came to the opposite conclusion, so there's some confusion/differing opinion on the matter.

Context is that I was under the assumption that consensus was required to vote a committer
in, other PMC members thought otherwise or were unsure. On looking into it, I found it does
vary from project to project and that it didn't seem to be defined clearly anywhere if your
project doesn't have bylaws/guidelines.

Thanks,
Justin