incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Weave for Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:28:49 GMT
On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> And Apache Wave too (which is what I first saw before I read the title
> more carefully).
>
> Upayavira
>
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 09:12 PM, Matt Benson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I am concerned about potential confusion with Apache Commons Weaver
>>   [1].

So it might also be a trademark related issue. Weave has a TM
registration pending from Intuit in the software space.
There's also OIC Weave - which is data visualization software.

No judgement  - just things to consider and weigh (and that will need
to be dealt with when you handle the podling name search)

--David