incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Too many late reports
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 06:12:26 GMT
On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:

> If my shepherding perspective is any indication this has been quite chronic
> (although this month feels particularly bad). I think you're absolutely
> right
> in suggesting that we should try and address this somehow.

One thing that has helped Drill respond to late notifications is to start
the next report the day after the previous one is done.

We have our community builders note things of interest as they happen in a
kind of a log entry fashion.  This is really easy to fashion into a report
when the time comes which in turn means that it is (much) easier to find
the manpower on short notice.