incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Licensing question for new incubator project
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 05:46:30 GMT
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobmeier@gmail.com>wrote:

> company. I would therefore like to verify that, in order to contribute the
>> project to ASF, they will be required to sign a Corporate CLA, and a
>> Software Grant Agreement.
>>

> yes, the company will need to sign a software grant and imho should sign a
> corporate CLA.

If they are making a single grant, then the corporate CLA is probably not
necessary.  Might be nice to have, but if you are leaving and you are the
open source guy, then it probably will become moot since the set of
contributors under the CCLA will become empty.