incubator-general mailing list archives

From Vinayak Borkar <vinay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache VXQuery Incubating 0.2 (RC4)
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 22:40:05 GMT
Guys,

It has been over 72 hours since the vote for the first VXQuery release
has been open, and we still do not have the one vote we need from an
IPMC member. I am unsure how this process works. Until a few weeks ago,
we heard from quite a few vocal IPMC members about how the project did
not deserve to remain in incubation because it was unable to make a
release. Now there is an attempt at a release that has been voted in by
the PPMC, but there is complete radio silence on the vote. I appeal to
the same people who expressed their opinions a few weeks ago to at least
look at the release we have created and vote either for or against it.

Thanks,
Vinayak

On 10/9/13 6:30 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> You have two IPMC votes. You need one more IPMC vote to pass.
>
> On Oct 8, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Vinayak Borkar wrote:
>
>> Dear general@,
>>
>> A few weeks ago, there were concerns raised about the VXQuery project's ability to
make releases. We now have an RC that has been voted for by the PPMC and is up for a vote
with the IPMC. I just wanted to take this opportunity to encourage the IPMC to cast a vote
to move the process along.

>> On a related note, do the IPMC members who are also part of the PPMC need to vote
again on this thread to count towards the three IPMC votes?

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevxquery-128/org/apache/vxquery/apache-vxquery/0.2-incubating/apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip.asc
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevxquery-128/org/apache/vxquery/apache-vxquery/0.2-incubating/apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip.md5