incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernan...@salzburgresearch.at>
Subject Re: Too many late reports
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 16:47:50 GMT
Hi,

On 07/10/13 06:28, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> If my shepherding perspective is any indication this has been quite chronic
> (although this month feels particularly bad). I think you're absolutely right
> in suggesting that we should try and address this somehow

In the case of Marmotta, some of us we are frequently reading
general@incubator for learning about other podlings (releases, votes and
so on). So what helped in our case was to forward the timeline as soon
it was discussed here, so he had some more days for the report preparation.

For October's report, the timeline was:

   Sep 26: timeline fixed by ipmc
   Sep 29: sent to all podling
   Oct 02: report's deadline
   Oct 06: shepherd reviews
   (...)

Write the report itself does not take so long. But sometimes podlings
may require some discussion about the wording of some details, which at
the end means time. Therefore, what about send the reminder as soon as
the timeline is fixed?

That are my two cents.

Cheers,

P.S.: Apologize for the possible inconveniences caused by the
circumstance the the last Marmotta release was accepted one day after
the deadline. E preferred to update the report than to leave such
information out of the current report, even if we submitted a bit over
the deadline.

--
Sergio Fernández
Salzburg Research