incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project reboot proposals - any guidance?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 21:22:19 GMT
Hey Nick

I spoke with Tammo about this while we had a virtual coffee recently.
However I don't know about similar cases so much. Basically I don't see
lot of risk from
a legal standpoint and would give my +1 quickly.

But of course it would be interesting for me about the motivations.
I mean, the project was almost dead and now a few people want it to be
revived. Why? Was
the problem in the previous project to less interest? Problems in the
community?
As I said, this would be interesting but personally I don't consider
this information necessary.

What I don't know: do the current resources need to move to an
*.incubator.a.o space?
I believe this is unnecessary overhead, but maybe other have an idea on
that too.

So far, I would +1 this proposal. Mentors good, Champion good and people
come from the community. Legals are all done and almost no resources
will be wasted to set this up.

Cheers

On 24 Oct 2013, at 17:26, Nick Burch wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'm currently helping the XMLBeans community put together a proposal
> to reboot their project, which is otherwise destined for the attic.
> However, while I've helped a few new projects enter the incubator in
> the past, I've never tried helping with a reboot. As such, I'm not
> quite sure if the initial proposal is quite right or not.
>
> Do we have any guidance on what a reboot proposal should and shouldn't
> contain?
>
> If not, any chance people could cast any eye over the proposal, and
> either fix stuff if they can, or flag it for work if not? The proposal
> is at:
>   https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/XMLBeansProposal
>
> Thanks
> Nick